Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Keep your camera handy!

One of the golden rules of photography is that you should have your camera ready for action and with you as much as possible. As well as shots that you deliberate over and plan to the nth degree, there will also be situations that are completely unscheduled and not anticipated. There is nothing worse than seeing a great picture appear in front of you when you have no way of recording it.















This image is the result of a complete coincidence, and although I was on my early morning walk, I had the foresight to have brought my camera with me
. Sometimes it's not practical, say when it's raining, but I often take a compact camera with me when I walk or ride my bicycle.

This picture was taken not far from my home and quite close to the river. Hot air balloons often float past above the river because of the prevailing breezes.

So this particular morning, as I was approaching home at the end of my walk, a number of balloons drifted by. The balloon in the photograph has a big green frog on it and I really wanted a picture of it.

I didn't have too long to wait before I could frame the balloon in an interesting position near an old woolstore, now an apartment block, with a very blue sky background.

EXIF: Sony Cybershot; ISO 100; 1/500 sec; f4

TFF

No comments: