Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Shelf space


It's interesting how certain things attract the eye. When I walked into a food shop in San Francisco, I was immediately attracted to this wall of condiments. The very neat and ordered rows of vinegars, olive oils and sauces was a real eye-catcher. The store had obviously gone to a lot of trouble to present their goods in a pleasing manner, and the use of ornaments and pot plants added to the instant appeal. It was also leading up to Christmas, so there was a spray of holly too. The lighting and colour of the display was also perfect for a photo.

This was one of those shots that I didn't spend a lot of time over. I saw the display and immediately took the photo. I didn't think too much more about it until after my trip. As I started to go through the images from the trip, I found that I liked this one more each time I looked at it.

EXIF: Nikon D70; Nikon 17-55 mm DX; ISO 200; 1/30 sec; f5.6.

TFF

No comments: