Monday, March 24, 2008

Feeding the pigeons


Today's image is from China, where this young boy was feeding the pigeons at a temple. Feeding birds of all varieties is popular with the Chinese, whereas in Australia we regard some species as pests. Most of us wouldn't feed pigeons or sparrows because they are rather messy to have around.

I probably took this image more than 25 years ago using film, the scan to digital is probably more than 5 years old, and the most recent post processing occurred today. so we have an amalgam of three generations of technology. I still have the original slide, so I may rescan it to see if I can improve the resolution.

The things I like about this photo are the body language of the boy (half-excited; half-frightened),
the indulgent look on the boy's father, and the blur of the pigeons fluttering around the feed in the boy's hand. By getting down low and having the camera at the boy's eye level, I was also able to fill the foreground space with pigeons, giving greater depth to the image.

EXIF: unknown

TFF

No comments: