Monday, May 26, 2008

Wedding photography

It's wedding week here at TFF. As I mentioned last week, my niece is to be married on Saturday, and I will be taking the photos for her. I have the utmost respect for wedding photographers, who have to handle nervous bridegrooms, beautiful brides and proud mothers all the while trying to make images that the happy couple will cherish for years.

So, this week we'll be taking a glimpse at some of the weddings I've taken pictures at
over the years, starting with this one of my nephew Max and his lovely bride Lisa. The wedding was in autumn in Tasmania, where the couple live, and the ceremony was held in the grounds of a wedding reception lounge just outside Hobart. The autumn colours are very evident in this photo, taken right at the end of the ceremony, and a smiling bridesmaid looks on as they have the traditional first kiss as a married couple. Although the afternoon light is quite good, I have used fill flash for this picture to ensure that there is sufficient lighting on the faces.

The correct exposure is always a challenge at weddings, because of the range of contrast between the usual white wedding dress worn by the bride, and the equally traditional dark suit worn by the groom.

EXIF: Nikon D70; Nikkor 17-55mm DX; ISO 200; 1/60 sec; f6.3.

TFF

No comments: