Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Rainbow lorikeet


Luck's a fortune, as the old saying goes. Today I went to the venue where my niece's wedding will be held next week, just to scope out the site. I wanted to see where the light was coming from, and what strength of light there would be at the time of the ceremony. The location is a golf course, perched on a hill overlooking the city, and it is quite picturesque. Naturally, being a golf course, there are a lot of trees, and the trees around the area that will be used for the wedding ceremony were full of native birds. They were in full song this afternoon, and being such a perfect day, the ambiance was quite beautiful.

This is a rainbow lorikeet. The blogger image above is showing some artifacts as a result of the compression they use on this site, but you can view a larger image here.

So, as well as doing the forward planning that I needed to do, I had a chance to photograph some birds while I was there. The setting for the wedding is lovely, and we may be serenaded by birds as well.

EXIF: Nikon D300; Nikkor 80-400mm VR; ISO 800; 1/1250 sec; f5.6.

TFF

No comments: