Monday, April 7, 2008

Blue poles


The famous Jackson Pollock painting "Blue Poles" caused plenty of controversy here in Australia when it was purchased for many millions of dollars back in the seventies. This is not that work, and much as I like it, it probably isn't worth millions of dollars. But, if someone were to offer me that kind of money...

This image evokes a kind of peacefulness to me. The colours (I guess there is only one colour in various shades) are cool and relaxing, and the stretch of still water is very restful too. The jetty and posts, and their reflection below, provide a counterpoint to the water, and the posts are a contrast to the water more by shape than by colour.

I don't even remember where I took this picture, or when. I didn't keep records, and in the pre-digital age, the camera didn't either. But the place and time are irrelevant to me - I just love the ambiance.

TFF

No comments: