Monday, April 28, 2008

The Mad Hatter


My friend and fellow blogger, Janet (check out her food history blog, The Old Foodie), on seeing my series on bridges, asked me whether I had any pictures of old stone bridges in English villages. Well Janet, if I've been there, and it has a bridge, I probably have a photo of it! So, I trawled through my images (memo to self: catalogue your images - key words are your friend!) and found this picture. I knew that I had taken it in the Cotswolds in May, 1986; but beyond that I had no clue.

Following the most optimistic of thoughts, I went to Google and searched the name of the tea room just over the bridge, The Mad Hatter. And, eureka, I found it: Bourton-on-the-Water, in the Cotswolds as I thought - a delightfully English village setting.

It is worth clicking on the image to see it in more detail. There is a lovely blue sky, that green grass that you only seem to see in England, stately brick buildings, the bridge over the River Windrush- and even a duck (more if you look closely!)

TFF

2 comments:

The Old Foodie said...

Lovely pic Foto Fanatic; a very calm bridge - and there cant be too many side-less bridges left in the world.

Unknown said...

I recognised the bridge and the village Trevor. I was there just a few weeks ago. It's about the most gob smackingly gorgeous village in England.