Friday, April 4, 2008

Yellow and blue


Although a very simple subject, I couldn't resist this yellow crane at a building site one autumn afternoon. The initial attraction was the bright yellow paint of the crane against the background of the blue sky. These colours are very complementary to each other (think of the flag of Sweden, for example). Secondary to that was the series of lines within the structure of the crane.

I resist the urge to constantly have a defined subject in my photographs. Sometimes abstract items or themes appeal to me, and the challenge is to present them in a way that others might also find appealing.

With this picture, I just wanted the clean lines and the colours, so I made sure that the crane was properly sharpened, and then I gave the colours a slight boost in saturation to make them the primary impact within the image.

EXIF: Nikon D200; Nikkor 710-200mm VR; ISO 100; 1/100 sec; f11.

TFF

No comments: